In Module 1, we learned about the key elements of the CCRS, but what impact are they having on classrooms? In short, ELA instructors are finding that text is king while math instructors are slowing instruction, taking students deeper into pertinent content of importance.
In Module 2, we will talk about the changes in instruction because of the CCRS.
- Define the key shifts in instructional practices as a result of the CCRS
- Identify and employ the key shifts of ELA
- Identify and employ the key shifts of math
Module 2 Assignments
- Watch the Module 2 video
- Review the math and ELA key shifts documents
- Complete the Module 2 quiz and extended response
- Identify a math resource and an ELA resource you use—you’ll need it for Module 3
For more information on the key shifts in instruction, visit my blog and podcast page. Episodes 1 and 3 of the podcast are all about the key shifts.
1 Video, 1 Quiz